Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mmm Mmm Malaysia

Malaysia was the last stop on our trip and the most relaxing. Malaysia's cuisine is interesting because it is very diverse - we enjoyed amazing curries, dim sum, seafood, thai food, and great tropical fruit. 

I know this isn't particularly Malaysian... or Asian, but you know there is nothing I love more than a limey margarita, and you give me one by a gorgeous pool and I am a happy girl. 



A Malaysian seafood buffet. They gave us cards that said "steamed," "fried," and "grilled." You choose your seafood, and how you would like it to be cooked, then put that card with your table number and your cooking style in the bowl and they bring it to your table. So fun, interactive, and delicious - the grilled prawns were my favorite.


The next few pictures were from a fruit market we visited after hiking in the rainforest near Mount Kinabalu. I wish I knew what they all were!


Of course limes, my favorite!



My new favorite snack: dim sum  sweet pork buns. Mmm I wish I knew how to make these!

No comments:

Post a Comment