Monday, May 7, 2012

California Casserole

I am surprised how yummy this casserole turned out. It was so easy, with really only 4 ingredients. But, I was a little cautious about my idea of adding avocados to something baked... but Erik confessed that this was his favorite breakfast invention of mine in a long time! Success!

I started off with just 4 ingredients: onions, mushrooms, avocados, and eggs


Ingredients:
1 yellow onion
1 package of mushrooms
2 avocados (I realized after taking this picture that 3 was a little too many avocados!)
1 dozen eggs
salt and pepper

Steps: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray an 8x11 pan
Dice the onion and layer on the bottom of the pan
Dice the mushrooms and layer on top of the onions
Dice the avocados and layer on top
Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then pour on top of the veggie mixture in the pan
Add salt and pepper to your liking
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes

So easy, right??

I think it would be really yummy with salsa on top. I will let you know after I try it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment