Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo and Skinny Margaritas

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo right. Of all the purely drinking holidays, the Fifth of May is my favorite (probably because most Mexican drinks have lime in them). I love discovering new restaurants, especially new taco joints. I try to find restaurants before they get extremely popular and then act like I am the first person to ever hear of it. Then, when the crowds start pouring in and the waits start getting long, I can pretend like I discovered it before everyone else. I anticipate that will happen with Machete in Cherry Creek. The vibe is fun and laid back, and the menu is extremely diverse.
Erik and I sampled a variety of tacos, including chicken mole, slow roasted pork, and smoked chicken. I will have to come back another time to try the sesos (brains) and the tripa (intestines).

But my favorite thing I had was the skinny margarita - delicious! I will have to try to make this one at home... only tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, Susan! Can't wait to read more. :) We need to give those chicken tacos a try. They sound great - and we love easy around our house!
    Kaneil

    ReplyDelete