Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chili Lime Shredded Chicken Tacos


Easy peasy lemon squeezy! (as my 1st graders would say). Erik and I made the easiest crock-pot chili lime chicken tacos... and they were INCREDIBLE. In general, I enjoy putting a lot of time into a meal, however, on a busy evening, being able to prepare a meal in less than 5 minutes is a definite plus. 

The finished product: Not-Too-Shabby!


Confession: I am a lime-a-holic. I love lime so much that occasionally I feel immune to its strength. When others pucker, I may barely be able to detect the lime juice. So, beware, my food might be a little heavy on the lime for your taste. Adjust accordingly. 

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons lime juice (or more if you are a lime addict like me)
1 tablespoon chili powder
Frozen corn
Salsa (of your choice)

Possible toppings:
Shredded lettuce
Sour cream
Guacamole (see recipe below)
Pickled red onions (see recipe below)

Directions:
Place the chicken, lime juice, and chili powder in the crock-pot. Let it cook on low for about 6 hours. Add the corn and salsa and let it cook on low for another 30 minutes to an hour. Then, shred the chicken using 2 forks (you will be amazed how easily it will shred!)

No comments:

Post a Comment