Saturday, July 21, 2012

Savory Singapore

In Singapore, we had to go to the Raffles Hotel and have the obligatory Singapore Sling at the bar where it was invented (even though Anthony Bourdain said it was too touristy). I had this on my to-do list before we went to the Long Bar and discovered that they charge $35 AMERICAN dollars for one drink. In order to not have anything unchecked on my list, we decided to split one. Not really worth it... I think I agree with Bourdain. 



 More lychee at a market. Not my favorite, but they sure are photogenic.


I had been in search of a wet market to discover the weird, crazy chinese meat and fruit. In Chinatown, we were not disappointed! Crocodile, live frogs, live squirming eels, what more could a traveler ask for??







In the Chinatown market, there was also an amazing food court. These men are making the best dim sum I have ever tasted!! So cool!


He is making my sugar cane juice. A little too sweet for my taste, but definitely worth a try.


 This was the appetizer sampler at Jumbo's, an awesome seafood restaurant on the water. My favorite was the melt-in-your-mouth scallops.

I have to try to make this at home - sweet chili stew with crab. I could have drank this with a straw. Mmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment