Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Raspberry Thumbprint cookies


Mmmm mmmm it was a baking weekend at the Navin/Andersen (soon to be just Andersen) house this weekend. I have always wanted to make thumbprint cookies because I love me some shortbread, but I disappointed Erik by making raspberry, rather than chocolate (however, it would be very easy to substitute the jam with Hershey's kisses).

I looked at a bunch of recipes, and what I ended up doing is most similar to the recipe at Two-Tarts.

It only took about 10 minutes of prep and about 10 minutes of baking time!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of butter (softened in the microwave)
1 cup of sugar
3 egg yolks
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
raspberry jam

They will yield from 3 dozen to probably 5 dozen, depending on how large you make them.

Steps:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

2. I will take any excuse to break out my KitchenAid, so I would use the mixer to cream together the butter and sugar.

3. Add the egg yolks, flour, and vanilla to the mixer and blend. Make sure you have enough flour to be able to roll the dough into balls easily.

4. Roll the dough into balls (this is where you will have to decide whether you want to the cookies to be little or big - I opted for medium sized).

5. As you roll the dough into balls, place them onto an ungreased baking sheet, and make a thumb print into each dough ball.

6. Spoon jam into the thumbprint of each dough ball.

7. Bake for about 10 minutes.  Watch them kind of carefully, I burnt some of mine the first time!

8. Serve to your friends and wait about 20 minutes... they will all be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment