Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kale Chips!



I have been hearing so much lately about how delicious and healthy kale chips are. So, I decided to try them out tonight for dinner (courtesy of the Smitten Kitchen)... and I think I'm gonna be hooked! They were so easy and surprisingly yummy, but not too filling, sadly. The only hard part of the experience was finding kale at the store (I ended up finding it only in the organic section).

They were so much more flavorful and munch-able than I was expecting.

Here are the easy steps I took:

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

2. Chop up the kale and put it in a bowl.

3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and a sprinkle of cayenne (if you like a little spice).

4. Toss!

5. Spread out on a baking sheet.

6. Bake for about 25 minutes.

7. Let cool, then enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Susan I just started my love affair with Kale last year. It is so healthy for you. I substitute it for spinach in my recipes. I make a mean minestone soup and toss in chopped Kale for the extra value. I have a friend who makes smoothies with it... not there yet. But they say if you can add to your diet 2-3 times per week you're doing something good for your body!

    ReplyDelete